Support needed for Opera 10!

TeeJay3800

• Moderators

Only if you let it TeeJay.

I installed the Release Candidate yesterday, and chose to install in the Opera 10 Beta folder, which it did as an upgrade, keeping all my settings and preferences, and it's still flagged by CCleaner.

Yeah, but Opera is out of Beta now, and I don't want it installed in a Beta folder indefinitely, just so CCleaner can clean it.

Are you suggesting that from now on, all users should install Opera 10 RC and later in a special folder, rather than the next release of CCleaner simply clean version 10 RC + normally?

I think CCleaner should fully support Opera the way it always has.

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

Is it not prudent for CCleaner to consider any Release Candidate as being a "Work in Progress", and liable to drastic revision ?

I do not consider an announcement of an Opera change from Beta to R.C. status as a reason for a knee-jerk reaction.

For those who want an instant change to CCleaner, is not Winapp2.ini the proven established mechanism ?

Alan

Actually if you read the Opera documentation, there will be no changes from now on...only bug fixes. That means 10 final will be nearly identical to the current 10 RC, meaning it would be a prudent reaction for Piriform to include 10 RC cleaning, NOT a knee-jerk reaction.

Also, winapp2.ini has not been updated since February 22, and I don't consider myself capable of editing it, so that doesn't sound like a place to go for instant change to me.

Dell Latitude D600

follow_me-c.png

Please see here, says final will be out on 1st Sept.

http://twitter.com/opera

Yeah, I read that on the Opera Desktop Blog as well, but again, since 10 RC will be nearly identical to 10 Final, I see no reason to wait to include CCleaner support until September 1st. Hopefully the Piriform developers will include 10 RC cleaning with their next release. B)

Also, I should note that with 10 RC installed, Opera DOES appear in the Applications tab of CCleaner. However, when running the cleaner, it does not appear that any Opera-related files are actually cleaned. Just a FYI.

Dell Latitude D600

follow_me-c.png