free licensed software on gaotd

hello2007

in case some people don't know there is a site called giveawayoftheday.com that gives away free software for 24 hrs each day with each day having another product out that would normally cost money to buy. Pretty cool

avast, avira, malwarebytes, ad-aware, superantispyware, windows defender--------paragon, macrium reflect, ubuntu, terabyte

• Moderators

It's alright and sometimes they do have a nice application, however most of the time I don't even bother with what they have.

I've actually never kept any of their giveaways installed for long as there's typically always a free alternative as you'll know since someone always posts a free alternative on there. My main reason for looking for a free alternative is because if you have to format and reinstall Windows or if the installed app gets corrupted, infected, etc., kiss that giveway app goodbye since you won't be able to re-register it.

GOTD is however a good platform for a relatively new or unknown developer to be recognized and get some site visits, so in that way it may be also seen as a sort of advert.

Although it was through GOTD that I found out about WinX Video Converter which is actually everyday freeware now. WinX Video Converter (Free) is a odd rarity as it doesn't come with any adware/spyware add-ons as of yet, well version 4.1 at least.