Scheduling

JDH52

• 1 month later...

I'm glad you suggested that - I just came here to do the same, and decided to search for existing suggestions...

1) I'd like to see something like "Hourly" "twice daily" - sometimes I don't turn my computer off for days, and have to do all my cleaning manually... sometimes I get busy, and it gets pretty bogged down. It would be a great feature if the cleaning was automatic.

2) ALSO with an option selecting "Cleaner" "Registry" and "Cleaner and Registry"

I love the program!

:rolleyes::lol::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think it would be a nice feature if we could schedule CCleaner to run automatically. I have the new version of Defraggler and that feature is a great addition to the program.

• 2 weeks later...

<_< Ref: Scheduling

:rolleyes: I fully agree with the previous posts on this thread!

:) There should be scheduling possibilities like:

1.) At Logon

2.) At System Start (exists already today by using /AUTO and/or /AUTO /SHUTDOWN)

3.) At Computer Shutdown

4.) At Browser Shutdown

5.) At Specific Date & Time

6.) At Specific Time Interval (hourly, daily, weekly, etc)

:D Cheers,

sweidre

Cheers,

sweidre

Win XP Home, (IE8), Avant Browser, Flock, CometBird, ZoneAlarm Pro, NOD32 AV 4, Zemana Antilogger, Trojan Hunter, a-squared Anti-Malware, CCleaner, R-Wipe&Clean, ShadowUser,

<_< Ref: Scheduling

:rolleyes: I fully agree with the previous posts on this thread!

:) There should be scheduling possibilities like:

1.) At Logon

2.) At System Start (exists already today by using /AUTO and/or /AUTO /SHUTDOWN)

3.) At Computer Shutdown

4.) At Browser Shutdown

5.) At Specific Date & Time

6.) At Specific Time Interval (hourly, daily, weekly, etc)

:D Cheers,

sweidre

CCleaner can already run at system start up which is logon.

To close at shut down ccleaner would need to be able to capture the event, stop it. run ccleaner and the continue closing down. Would this ever be realistically added? Not to mention the problems that could occure.

ccleaner would also need to be running as a background worker the whole time to capture the borwser close event.

From my view i cant see any real benefit addingScheduling

No fate but what we make

3.) At Computer Shutdown

Very useful to do this at every shutdown if you want to abort installations, UN-installations, and updates that may require a reboot to complete by using something they plant in a temporary location

I find it convenient to ALMOST always shutdown with a double click of a desktop icon that launches CCleaner /AUTO / SHUTDOWN,

with the sole exception of when I actually want something installed, and then I use a normal Windows reboot.

Alan