SRWare Iron update

JDPower

Whilst continuing my playing about with Iron and Chromium I noticed there's a significant new version of Iron:

Based on Chromium 3 you can download a new stable version of Iron. There are many new features like Theme-Support, a new flexbible "New Tab"-Page and a working and stable extension system. We also added a User-Agend Switcher to Iron, so you can change it without having trouble with parameters. To use another browserstring just create a textfile called "UA.ini" in the Iron-Directory and put your userstring in the first line. After restarting Iron your customized string is used!

http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_download.php

(EDIT: There does seem to be a minor bug with tab selection at present - "Open in new tab" gives new tab focus instead of loading in background as it used to but this is being discussed on their forum so expect a fix will be available asap)

built in,,but i have to download an .ini

well i just uninstalled it,,thanks anyway

The ini is already there when installed, just blank so you can add the entries you want or download a block list of your choice (which they also supply), most browsers require an add on of some sort to block ads, unless of course you use a modded Hosts file.

Anyway I didn't post to start a debate about the pros and cons of Iron (I use Firefox 90% of the time and was, until this update, undecided between Iron and Chromium as a backup browser), just stumbled across the update and thought it would be of use to anyone using Iron and not aware of the update.