Ccleaner 2.20.520

edallen

OK, what am I doing wrong? I have been using CCleaner for a couple of years, love it. Faithfully update it when I get the e-mails, etc. Well, this latest update, I go ahead and download it to Save, as usual, but nothing appears on the desktop and I cannot fine the Saved file anywhere, so I cannot update this. Should I remove CCleaner completely and then re-install it, using the new 2.20.520 (which seems to be 2.22.968 by now)? Or am I making some simple mistake here..... Just when I think I get a little computer savvy, sigh..... :unsure:

I don't know what you did. But you can start over.

1) go here http://www.ccleaner.com/download.asp

2) Click on the link "Download from FileHippo.com"

3) On the upper right hand side of the page click on "Download Latest Version".

Save the file to your Desktop or where ever you want. And then you can run it from there.

Hope this helps.

Simplicity is hard.

No luck. Followed your inx; clicked on the download; it asked if I wanted to Save the File, I said yes - then it downloaded somewhere?? Never asked where I wanted to save....

• Moderators

Hi ed.

That's strange. When you select yes to the "Save" question you should get a dialogue box opening which gives you the option of where you want to save it.

I assume that isn't happening. Which browser are you using?

That's strange. When you select yes to the "Save" question you should get a dialogue box opening which gives you the option of where you want to save it.

I assume that isn't happening. Which browser are you using?

Yes that normally happens with IE but I think its different with Google Chrome. I was using my friends laptop last weekend and I downloaded CC and wanted to save and nothing appears so I just ran the exe instead. The same went for Defraggler and Recuva. Terrible system Chrome apart the little pictures I see no advantage at all. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Hi. I am using Firefox - the latest version.

BTW, using Search I cannot seem to find anything exe or hippofile.... So, can't run anything. I am stumped as I have been using Firefox for a while and have updated CC during that time with no problems.... Normally just appears on the desk top setup ccsexe.....

OK. STOP THE MUSIC. I finally had enough brains to go into My Documents and noticed a folder that said Downloads. Opened it and voila, there were 5 downloads (since I tried 5 times) of the new CC. Ran one of them and everything is OK.

This never happened before, as I said, always showed up on the desk top.

I use Firefox Mozilla, as I said earlier.

At any rate, I will know from now on where to go. Thanks for your time and trouble. I appreciate it.

:rolleyes:

• Moderators

The first thing to check is how Firefox is set up for downloads. InTools\Options\Main, it should look something like this.

125270b07e74.jpg

You can choose the download folder to use permanently, or always ask you where to download.

How does yours look?

EDIT: Just seen your last post. Pleased you've sussed it.

Thanks. I did go into Firefox and check the ask me each time box. Don't know show the other one got checked.... A senior moment?? Anyway, probably better to ask me each time I download something... LOL Thanks again.