Explorer 8

Specy

I still cant get CC to save my cookies in Explorer 8. No problem with 7.

Cookies dragged to the right hand column from the list stay their but are still removed when i run CC. Is there a fix for this ??

For some time in CC, I see many duplicate cookies. Some sites with a www prefix and many without. For example in the list I might see bing.com and then www.bing.com. What I have to do is save the cookies without the www prefix.

This has been what works for me since IE8 was in beta. Also, dont forget if you delete your index.dat files your cookies saved become useless.

Are you saving settings to an INI file? Are there any sites that do save or is it all of them? When you log into sites do you use the checkbox 'remember me'? Just some Q's. Hope you dont mind.

Well i suppose the first thing to say is that i had no trouble with IE7 and was doing exactly the same things.

I always keep remember me checked.

I am simply using CC on default settings and using the move right arrow button on the cookies list . after deleting the cookies this right hand list is still there but the cookies themselves are not it seems....I save both types of cookie ie: bing.com and www.bing.com so that should be ok.

All my sites, banks, forums, e-bay etc require me to log in with passwords and user names where as if i un install CC these sites remember my details

I did find my details were ok if i used chrome but i also found that chrome dosnt work with e-bay forms !! which makes it nearly imposable to list items for sale. Can you imagine launching a browser that doesn't work with one of the worlds most popular internet sites ?? they say they are working on it nearly 10 months on :-)

• Moderators

TURN OFF DELETE INDEX.DATs or exclude the cookies index.dat. CCleaner isn't deleting the cookies just making IE blind to them when you delete the indexes

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Thank you for your help guys.

I am not sure what i did but its now saving my selected cookies.

I deleted all cookies, saved and unsaved so the lists were blank. I then logged on to the dozen of so sites i wanted to remember me, then went back to my new cookie list in CC and re saved the ones i wanted, deleted the others and now it works OK !!

It could be that i needed to do that having downloaded the latest version ,22-2 968 of CC. The new version could be the fix but you need to re do your lists after down load ??

If it happens again after a update download at least now i know what to try first

Many thanks