Recuva keeps crashing

kaz

When i try to recover my pics from my memory card half way through the process i get this error message...

Recuva has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Welcome to Piriform kaz.

When i try to recover my pics from my memory card half way through the process i get this error message...

Recuva has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Try running Recuva.exe from the Run: dialog. Find the location of Recuva.exe and add /debug at the end with a space before /debug.

"C:\Program Files\Recuva\Recuva.exe" /debug

When Recuva runs you will see Recuva.com v1.26.416 (debug) on the top line to show it running in debug mode to trap and write errors to the Recuva_log[1_26_416][8-7-2009_22-26].txt file.

This file will be produced in in the Recuva folder. You can copy and paste its contents or post it on here. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

When i do that it just opens the recuva wizard :unsure:

Well I never use wizard.

When you install and first run Recuva there is a checkbox on the first page I think its something about wizard just remove the check then click Cancel. Or you can remove wizard in Options then try it again.

Its been a couple of years since I first used Recuva but this startup page has always confused me for two main reasons.

1) I write programs and when I use a Cancel button that means you don't want to continue with the current process/options.

2) When Recuva is run for the first time it tries to connect to the web, why?

There is a link on here for the Recuva BeginnersGuide.chm help file second edition but I can't file it at the moment or there is the link to Recuva Documentation.

Does it produce a Recuva_log[1_26_416][todays date and time].txt file? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Hi, I don't know if this thread is still watched by anyone, but I posted a thread with a similar problem a day ago, and then I found this thread and figured I'd ask my question here, since my thread doesn't have any answers yet. Basically, my problem is the same except I am trying to recover files from my iPod. Every time I do a recover, Windows comes up and says Recuva needs to close and that's it.

So what I did, is follow the directions on this thread and this is the log I got in return.

Recuva_log[1_28_424][12-7-2009_20-29]

I also have the details of that log if it would help.

Thanks,

Nate

Welcome to Piriform Nate.

So what I did, is follow the directions on this thread and this is the log I got in return.

Recuva_log[1_28_424][12-7-2009_20-29]

I also have the details of that log if it would help.

Well you could open the Recuva_log.txt to read what it says inside. If it only shows you currect windows system as on top of Recuva then it hasn't caught any errors. You could copy and paste the contents of the file inside [ code] [ /code] but just remove the spaces at the beginning. Or you can post the Recuva_log file as Hazel suggests as an attachment. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Well that seems like a useful report Nate we will have to see what the developers make of it. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Thank you. I am wondering, should I start loading all my music back onto my iPod manually disc by disc in the meantime, or should I wait for an answer to my question that will resolve the problem? Is this just something that needs looking into or is it something that might have immediate results soon? Just curious.

Thanks a lot,

Nate