installation of DirectX 9.0c

NourinE

Hi !

due to a problem with LCD Flat Panel Monitor . I want to try to update my DirectX 9.0c (4 09 .0000.0904) to the latest version I found in this site : (Download DirectX 9.0c (Mar 09) - FileHippo.com)

I need to know if it's compatible with my OS, or not. this is my first time to deal with DirectX. what other informations should I take into consideration before installing it? any advice would be appreciated.

my OS infos :

Microsoft Windows XP Professionnal (5.1, G?n?rer 2600)

Language : fran?ais (Param?tres r?gionaux:fran?ais)

System Fabricant : Compaq

Evo D 500

BIOS : 686 Y2 v2.11

Processor : Intel®Pentium ® 4CPU 1.80GHz

Memory : 512 MB RAM

Fichier de paginatio: 413 Mo utili(s),452 Mo disponibl(s)

Version DirectX: DirectX 9.0c (4 09 .0000.0904)

Thanks in advance.

Well I downloaded DirectX 9.0c (Nov 07) of FileHippo and thats the last time it worked correctly. All the other versions since have been corrupt even the ones of Microsoft. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Well I downloaded DirectX 9.0c (Nov 07) of FileHippo and thats the last time it worked correctly. All the other versions since have been corrupt even the ones of Microsoft. ;)

thank you for your useful information.

I've never installed or updated DirectX

just two questions please.

what OS are you using?

did you have to re-install the previous version after trying to installed the latest corrupted ones?

I've installed all versions of DirectX over the years (apart from 10 the last one) without any problem. I think it started with version 3. The only slight problem is you can easily uninstall it. I downloaded a DirectX uninstaller last your but I haven't tried it as it only works with WinNT.

just two questions please.

what OS are you using?

did you have to re-install the previous version after trying to installed the latest corrupted ones?

Read my Sig. I was using Win98SE but it kept on crashing yesterday so I decided to put WinME in which I don't actually like.

No I haven't reinstalled the good file DirectX 9.0c (Nov 07) after is won't install. Actually I tried to install 9.0c after I did a rebuild but they is something corrupt again. I copied all my backup files over onto a spare drive. I also burnt DirectX with other files to a CD, I shall have to try one of those. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I've installed all versions of DirectX over the years (apart from 10 the last one) without any problem. I think it started with version 3. The only slight problem is you can easily uninstall it. I downloaded a DirectX uninstaller last your but I haven't tried it as it only works with WinNT.

Read my Sig. I was using Win98SE but it kept on crashing yesterday so I decided to put WinME in which I don't actually like.

No I haven't reinstalled the good file DirectX 9.0c (Nov 07) after is won't install. Actually I tried to install 9.0c after I did a rebuild but they is something corrupt again. I copied all my backup files over onto a spare drive. I also burnt DirectX with other files to a CD, I shall have to try one of those. ;)

it's really weird, I installed the version march 2009, it displayed that it was installed successfully, but when I open Dxdiag, I find the same previous verison DirectX 9.0c (4 09 .0000.0904) :blink:

Actually I tried to install 9.0c after I did a rebuild but they is something corrupt again. I copied all my backup files over onto a spare drive. I also burnt DirectX with other files to a CD, I shall have to try one of those. ;)

Yes I found DirectX9.0, 9.0b on other CD's I've burnt. I installed 9.0 and checked the version number then I installed 9.0b and it still had the same version number I did find DirectX 9.0c (Nov 07) on a flash drive that I had saved and that still show the same version number. I know the file sizes are a lot bigger 9.0 is 35MB and 9.0c is 92MB so there must be a lot of additional file in there.

I've downloaded DirectX 9.0c (Mar 09) (FileHippo) again for the fifth time I will see what happens. Oh my WinME is s**t so Win98SE is going back. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best