cc version 2.18 with win98 se

I have win 98se and have tried cc version 2.18 twice,but cc 2.18 refuses to function...so,I have reinstalled cc version 2.14 and cc functions normally.In cc 2.18,after the 'analyze' button is clicked it always reports back as a zero as opposed to in older versions it always reports with how much files,etc have been found and ready for cleaning,when one clicks on 'run cleaner.'

Welcome to Piriform two98.

I have win 98se and have tried cc version 2.18 twice,but cc 2.18 refuses to function...so,I have reinstalled cc version 2.14 and cc functions normally.In cc 2.18,after the 'analyze' button is clicked it always reports back as a zero as opposed to in older versions it always reports with how much files,etc have been found and ready for cleaning,when one clicks on 'run cleaner.'

Yes this problem has been mensioned before thou I've never had any problem running any version of CC on Win98SE apart from 2.17, 2.18 and now 2.19. If I do an Analyse it starts of ok then after a minute it locks the computer. I'm not really bothered as I never Analyse anyway. ;)

This has been talked about before, do a search for Win98. ;)

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=21143&

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• 2 weeks later...

I agree totally with two98 and andavari : CCleaner no longer works correctly since V2.15 (also V2.15 , V2.16, V2.17, V2.18, V2.19.889, V2.19.900 and V2.19.901):

No Analyse -> 0 byte deleted because 0 byte found ! I claim it since months !

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=21143&

Sorry, there is a lot of waffle in this link but no answer to this question :

What happened between V2.14 and V2.15

Changelog v2.15 : "Fixed two minor compatibility bugs with Win98"

Please restore the two minor compatibility bugs with Win98 !

• 3 weeks later...
Same problem with v.2.20 ! 0 byte found, because the program does no analyse !

Please, fix this bug which punishes win98 users since v2.15.

Yes we know Jean. Not that I'm bothered with the Analyse but it doesn't clean cookies properly, but I don't think any one is listening. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems cleaning your win 98 machine.

We haven't been able to reproduce the problem and we need your help.

Could someone post a list of files/folders that v2.14 is able to detect?

Basically, we need to find out why these files/folders are not being properly scanned by CCleaner version newer than v2.14.

Thank you

Basically, we need to find out why these files/folders are not being properly scanned by CCleaner version newer than v2.14.

Well the original question was asking about the Analyze button which wasn't working and I don't normally use it. After this post I gave it a try and it just locked up the computer. I had to press the reset to get it to respond.

Now what I've noticed is with 2.19.889, 2.19.900 and 2.19.901 it doesn't clean the cookies. You start CC and click on Options - Cookies and you see the list to clean because all your saved cookies are in the cookies to keep listbox. You go back and do a clean. After the clean you go back to Options - Cookies and the same cookies are still there. If I put back 2.18.878 and click a clean then go back to Options - Cookies they are all gone. Thats my biggest problem and thats why I won't installed any newer versions until its fixed. My Windows\Temp folder always gets cleaned so I don't have a folder cleaning problem. I have posted another topic on this problem.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=21967

Thank you MrT. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems cleaning your win 98 machine.

Thank you

Hello MrT, nice to hear from you. Here what i wrote for 10 weeks on this forum:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showto...st&p=131704

Thank you

Hi there,

We might have a fix for the problem but because we can't reproduce in house we need your help to test.

Please, PM me your details if you would like to test an interim version of CCleaner so we can have 100% sure that this bug is fixed!

Thanks

Hi there,

We might have a fix for the problem but because we can't reproduce in house we need your help to test.

Please, PM me your details if you would like to test an interim version of CCleaner so we can have 100% sure that this bug is fixed!

Thanks

Hello MrT,

I know now where the problem is located since v2.15, how to eliminate it and how to restore it. I can reproduce it just as i like.

The problem occurs in the Networking -> Control Panel -> Client for Microsoft or corresponding

If a Client is present -> CC analyses correctly

If no Client is present -> CC does no analyse

(at least on my computer)

Because English is not my native language, i need a little time to explain the situation. But perhaps i must do it in French. Later, i open a new post :

About problem with analysing on Win98 platforms

Hi,

Just would like to inform you that a fix is scheduled for the next release.

I want to thank you all for your help and understanding.

Many thanks to jean-roger and keithuk who helped us coming up with a solution for this problem!

Thanks