Huge improve

nake

Only one thing in CCleaner bothers me. I don't know why CCleaner "updates" 2-3 times(?) in month, but I think you're doing something changes in database?

If so it would be HUGE improve to do "Database updater" which downloads new database from server.

I just hate that about everytime I start CCleaner (2-3 times in month) it announces "new version is available".

All-in-one:

- What (or Why) you're updating in CCleaner few times in month?

- If so is "Database updater" coming in upcoming version of CCleaner?

Greetings,

nake(man)

Only one thing in CCleaner bothers me. I don't know why CCleaner "updates" 2-3 times(?) in month, but I think you're doing something changes in database?

If so it would be HUGE improve to do "Database updater" which downloads new database from server.

I just hate that about everytime I start CCleaner (2-3 times in month) it announces "new version is available".

All-in-one:

- What (or Why) you're updating in CCleaner few times in month?

- If so is "Database updater" coming in upcoming version of CCleaner?

Greetings,

nake(man)

They release the installer every month, because it contains the ini file inside the EXE for telling CCleaner what to remove. Besides this, there are often changes to the program itself such as the very recent system restore control.

Just releasing a database would do nothing to fix bugs on running on Vista, Windows 7, XP PRO, etc, in addition to the fact that when people send ccleaner to a flash drive (and forget the database?) it keeps them from looking stupid for ccleaner not "cleaning"!

• Moderators

Re-install CC and untick the box that says 'Notify new Release'. Then either visit the Announcements forum once in a while, or click on Check for Updates when you feel like it.