Index Service and Events

comper6

Ok, so 2 features that would be excellent to add cleaning up the index service in c:\catalog.wci and clearing events from the event viewer- if you could unlock them from services.exe

Get back to me...

The computer is mightier than the sword

link1.gif link1.gif

Click here for cool stuff

• Moderators

I don't understand what this poster is asking for to be added to CCleaner and/or how it ties into Ccleaner's mission

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I don't understand what this poster is asking for to be added to CCleaner and/or how it ties into Ccleaner's mission

What he is asking for, I believe, is for CCleaner to remove the trash left over from where windows keeps an index of files (if it is enabled) for making windows search faster.

• Moderators

Clearing events from the event viewer could cause problems if you are troubleshooting and want to look there to see if any errors are listed, but found you had cleaned up the ''evidence''

All events in the event viewer can be cleared manually anyway after checking that are sure you will not need any of the info there.

It starts rebuilding it straight away.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Clearing events from the event viewer could cause problems if you are troubleshooting and want to look there to see if any errors are listed, but found you had cleaned up the ''evidence''

All events in the event viewer can be cleared manually anyway after checking that are sure you will not need any of the info there.

It starts rebuilding it straight away.

By default event viewer starts overwriting events that are old, so i never really have gotten anything out of it. It isn't as functional as i would like it to be

link1.gif link1.gif

What he is asking for, I believe, is for CCleaner to remove the trash left over from where windows keeps an index of files (if it is enabled) for making windows search faster.

yeah

link1.gif link1.gif