deleted IE history

desesperada

Hi,

I'm sorry to disturb, but I've been having a problem and really need some advice.

4 months ago more or less by chance I had my internet pages history deleted...the usual way, by entering Properties - Delete cookies, history, temporary internet files... and there was an internet page that I had entered before that I did not write anywhere else, and urgently need it now.... and don't now how I could retreive it..

Will this program revuva help me?

Or probably somebody know by chance how I could retrieve this address?

I would be really greatful for your help.

Anna

• Moderators

I think it's safe to say that the odds are greatly against it, well, negligible really. What browser were you using? In my experience of two browsers, IE retains the web page name in temp internet files, Firfox bungs them in cache files, so you can't see what's there.

If you use IE then you could run Recuva, using the deep scan option, and (after several hours) you may have a very long list - tens of thousands - of deleted files. Now how you would look for the file you want? By date? Do you know the date when the temp internet files were deleted? I suppose you have an approximate date. You could sort the files in Date Last Modified order, but I don't think that this necessarily represents the date that the file was deleted.

You could sort the file list by name, but you don't know the name of the file you're looking for this may not be too helpful.

If I were you I would spend some time on Google, and try to hit the webpage again.