Include files/folders

davy

Hi,

the possibility to in- and exclude files and folders for me personally is a great feature. It makes ccleaner a very flexible tool which I wouldn't like to miss in the future.

One issue I am having with it is, that it doesn't allow to include *.* from a drive. If I select a drive, the "ok" button is grayed out.

Why do I want to do this? On my systems I use to make use of a partition for all temporary files, and also the windows %temp% and %tmp% variable pathes are directing to there.

Now of course I do want to remove all files during the - very nicely automated - way of ccleaner cleaning up.

Thank you!

Davy

Welcome to Piriform Davy.

the possibility to in- and exclude files and folders for me personally is a great feature. It makes ccleaner a very flexible tool which I wouldn't like to miss in the future.

One issue I am having with it is, that it doesn't allow to include *.* from a drive. If I select a drive, the "ok" button is grayed out.

Why do I want to do this? On my systems I use to make use of a partition for all temporary files, and also the windows %temp% and %tmp% variable pathes are directing to there.

Now of course I do want to remove all files during the - very nicely automated - way of ccleaner cleaning up.

We have another user called Davy I wonder how that got missed?

Anyway when you add a folder to Included you have to select the folder first then in the little textbox at the bottom just change the file extensions you want to included in that folder, click Ok. That it will show the folder name and the file types e.g C:\Temp\*.txt ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I am sorry that my name lead to confusion, but it's not so easy to change it ;)

Thanks for the explanation but this is not my point. I want to include a FULL drive to be cleaned. If there are folders, I want them to be deleted.

Simply try it yourself: add a DRIVE letter, NOT a folder, and wildcards will not be accepted.