Recuva is just great freeware!

Bill560

I used Recuva to recover Microsoft's Hotfix patches "spuninstall" files which I inadvertently deleted with the other "garbage" that I wanted to remove from my computer. I believe Recuva successfully found most of these files anew and "reinstalled" them for future use. It is just great!

Welcome to Piriform Bill.

I used Recuva to recover Microsoft's Hotfix patches "spuninstall" files which I inadvertently deleted with the other "garbage" that I wanted to remove from my computer. I believe Recuva successfully found most of these files anew and "reinstalled" them for future use. It is just great!

It doesn't work that that Bill. Just because Recuva found files that were deleted you don't just recover them and stick them back in the folder they came from. Virtually every file on your hard drive is registered some where in the regsitry. If you don't register then correctly and I don't just mean with Regsvr32.exe then they may not work correctly.

You would be better of doing a system restore that will remove files that have been added since the restore point and it will change the settings in the registry. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best