Can't read e-mail after running CCleaner

schatzi891

Hi Everyone...

I just downloaded Firefox a few days ago and now I can't seem to read my AOL e-mail in there. This seemed to happen after I ran the CCleaner program. I wonder if it didn't remove some files I need for dial-up or maybe some other files that I need?

Does anyone what might have happened? My AOL homepage and e-mails open up fine in IE 7.

Thanks for your time,

Sylvia :unsure:

Welcome to Piriform Sylvia.

I've had a similar problem for the last 3 or 4 days. I'm not saying its related or CC has caused the problem but I can't access my emails with IE6.0 SP1 and Outlook Express 6.0. You click on Send/Receive and it just sits there doing nothing. IE works without any problem. I did a system restore a couple of days ago then it worked. Yesterday it stopped working again. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I do not have a problem reading my email in OE nor Hotmail after running CCleaner and I discussed it here:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showto...&hl=hotmail

I don't use Firefox and I believe that it should be Thunderbird that reads email.

I also see that there are several reports of Thunderbird not being able to retrieve email because the anti virus application has blocked email reception.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Well my email has started working again today. I'm not sure if it was just a glitch or what. I'm not blaming CC as I've said. We will have to see what happens tomorrow. Now I didn't get a reminder that Kenny had answered this email but thats just this forum not OE. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best