CCleaner "Tools" Programs to be deleted

cedarbar

Hello,

I just signed up for CCleaner yesterday. It seems like a good program but there is not much info on why it wants me to remove things. For instance, I have a long list of programs for removal.

Is there a way to obtain information about why these items are listed?

Thanks!

• Moderators

Many programs have this. All it does is run the uninstaller that comes with the program that you are deleting.

Also just so you know everything else in CCleaner is completely safe and will not uninstall your programs.

Also just so you know everything else in CCleaner is completely safe and will not uninstall your programs.

as far as that statement goes, if your using the "issues" tab, make sure you always back up the registry when it prompts you to, so that you can always reverse the changes if something does go wrong during the cleaning.

enjoy this great product, it should really make cleaning your comp alot easier and quicker.

• Moderators
as far as that statement goes, if your using the "issues" tab, make sure you always back up the registry when it prompts you to, so that you can always reverse the changes if something does go wrong during the cleaning.

I haven't had to use any CCleaner backups, hence I don't even use the backup feature however I do know that in some other registry cleaning programs their backups are useless, meaning you can save a backup try to import it and the importing fails.

For this reason I recommend when using other registry cleaning programs that may be potentially unsafe (not CCleaner) that an actual, good full registry backup should made using ERUNT, make sure all check boxes are selected to backup the registry for the whole system. Also; some registry changes can't be undone by System Restore!