Can't locate .reg file to restore

vegaspat

Per the instructions I am unable to locate the .reg file for a Restore in the "My Documents Folder. Is there someplace else I can look?

I lost my CD Rom Drive and want to see if that might be the problem.

It would be nice if you could do this from the program itself.

Thanks.

• Moderators

If you use CC's registry clean then taking a backup is the default, as is putting the backup in My Documents. If you think that you took a backup then search your c drive for .reg files. If you find one then check the date and time, it'll be called something like cc_20090208_012801.reg.

When you run Registry cleaner then Scan for Issues then Fix selected issues... then click Yes on Do you want to save backup changes to the registry? then choose My Documents and that will save the registry entries with the name like cc_20090202_074754.reg that is cc_today'date_time.reg in that destination Folder.

t2827_reg.png

Its in the User's Documentation:

http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/using-cc...gistry-cleaning

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

If you use CC's registry clean then taking a backup is the default, as is putting the backup in My Documents. If you think that you took a backup then search your c drive for .reg files. If you find one then check the date and time, it'll be called something like cc_20090208_012801.reg

Can't tell if my previous reply posted?

I found the file.

Thanks.