Hi - Are you awake ?

J?rn Rudolph

Hi again Forum - Well I asked a quistion 13. january - and still no answer. Are you awake? Well I know it is not so long ago, but still....

<_<

I just wonder if it is a good idea or not to mark the programs MS Office, Foxit Reader and others?

What happen if they are marked and what happpen if they are not ?

Greetings

J?rn Rudolph

• Moderators

Hi J?rn, and welcome to the forum the second time around.

Sorry we missed your question the first time. I can only speak about Foxit Reader, as I have it installed, but as outlined in the new Piriform Documents, you shouldn't have any problems, unless you store important documents in temp files, or want to retain certain History items etc..

From the CCleaner Documents:

If an application is simply listed in the Applications, Internet, Multimedia, Utilities, or Windows sections with no details, the cleaning process will typically clear out document history (MRUs), visited URLs, and temporary files for that application.

There's a link to the new Piriform Documents site in my signature.

Hope that helps.

• Moderators

We are awake. :P

MS Office:

It will remove the settings in things like Word, etc. I recommend doing a forum search to find out how many people have had issues with the settings removed. I personally only use the Office cleaners I made which are only included in the unofficial add-on called winapp2.ini since they leave the settings alone.

Foxit Reader:

It just removes the file list of recently opened PDF documents, and that's all.

Most Others:

For most other software it will be removing either logs, or the recently opened file lists. However if you aren't sure about a particular program just ask.

-or-

Download Resource Hacker then load CCleaner.exe into it and look into the INI section (just don't save CCleaner.exe with Resource Hacker):

• Moderators

You're welcomed. We've all been there in posting a question on a forum that will sometimes just get overlooked, especially on a very large forum such as this one.

Just try to remember everyone volunteers their help freely from their own good will, nobody is getting paid for it and it isn't their job.