Logs and HOTFIX Uninstallers

zcaveman

I was under the impression (probably wrong) that the logs and uninstallers for the MS Updates were needed in case you wanted to uninstall one of the fixes. Is this not true?

I do know I have tried to uninstall some products or fixes (Not MS Updates) and got the message that it could not find the log file. It was actually in another library and I had to move it to the correct library so it could delete the program.

I just need a confident feeling that I am not deleting something I might need later.

• Moderators

Well, just uncheck those sections then. The Hotfix remover section is for when you are sure you don't need them anymore. I (before vista changed things) would usually only check this section off right before the next batch of Hotfixes (so after I'd been running with the fix for 30 days).

Logs I keep so I just keep that unchecked. Hope that helped answer yer question. :)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Well, just uncheck those sections then. The Hotfix remover section is for when you are sure you don't need them anymore. I (before vista changed things) would usually only check this section off right before the next batch of Hotfixes (so after I'd been running with the fix for 30 days).

Logs I keep so I just keep that unchecked. Hope that helped answer yer question. :)

Thanks. I am sure that there are some logs and Hotfixes that I want to delete. I will do the analyze and copy the file to somewhere and delete manually. When XP SP2 came out, I manually deleted all of the SP1 fixes. I guess I can do the same for SP2 fixes since I now have SP3.

I will have to do some research.

Although your way does sound good. I just have to get my head around it.

Thanks.