Compact defrag

Medicated

OK thanks. But I still don't get why there is a lot of unused space in between the data. When I defrag my other disks this does not happen. If im not mistaken the disk is faster at the beginning and it would be better to compact the data at the beginning if there is a lot of unused space. Perhaps the files located after the pagefile is too huge to be put in front of it and thus the space in between.

OK thanks. But I still don't get why there is a lot of unused space in between the data. When I defrag my other disks this does not happen. If im not mistaken the disk is faster at the beginning and it would be better to compact the data at the beginning if there is a lot of unused space. Perhaps the files located after the pagefile is too huge to be put in front of it and thus the space in between.

Have you tried using the option to defrag free space? It's under Action -> Advanced

Yeah I have, If I click the one that says "allow fragmentation" it compacts but leaves alot of RED (fragments). If I choose the other It becomes like the picture.

I think it would be worth trying this: ... After you defrag free space allowing defragmentation you should analyze drive and than go to View Files and check them all and than right click and defrag all checked files. It should fix the problem.

I think it would be worth trying this: ... After you defrag free space allowing defragmentation you should analyze drive and than go to View Files and check them all and than right click and defrag all checked files. It should fix the problem.

thx Ill try it