Seperate File Shredder

derekmski

Hello Piriform developers, I often thought about submitting this idea for you guys to create. I am thinking for a software idea, you guys should create of separate file shredder. A file shredder where you can shred free space on your computer, and shred files or folders with different levels of deletion like 1, 2, 3, 7, 35 passes etc. Also it would be nice if it had shell extensions so you could right click on a folder or file and say secure shred with the settings (shredding methods) you set. All the other file shredders out there are kind of crappy. I like FileShredder.org's shredder but it is very old. Just a suggestion.

Hi Derekmski

this has been talked to death here. What you are talking about is Eraser, this file or free space cleaner is possibly the best to date. I use it but don't take my word for it, keep an open mind. If you are to try it use version 5.7 and not any later. It has a shell extension so you can right click any file or folder, also the free space cleaner is very good. If you are to use it be sure to make the necessary precautions first I.E. system restore off, do not defrag etc. Best thing to do would to be read all the info from there web site first. Anyway good luck and let us know what you decide and how you get on.

Regards Richard...

• 1 month later...
Hi Derekmski

this has been talked to death here. What you are talking about is Eraser, this file or free space cleaner is possibly the best to date. I use it but don't take my word for it, keep an open mind. If you are to try it use version 5.7 and not any later. It has a shell extension so you can right click any file or folder, also the free space cleaner is very good. If you are to use it be sure to make the necessary precautions first I.E. system restore off, do not defrag etc. Best thing to do would to be read all the info from there web site first. Anyway good luck and let us know what you decide and how you get on.

Regards Richard...

Is there a portable version of version 5.7 of Eraser?

Is there a portable version of version 5.7 of Eraser?

This may help :)Eraser Portable v5.82

or straight from there website...

standalone "portable" version 5.8.7 BETA

Keith

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif