CCleaner closes abruptly

gellhorton

• 3 weeks later...
Can you have a look in CCleaner >options >advanced, and make sure ''close program after cleaning'' is not ticked.

i have some trouble like that too, after installed (Win XP Pro SP2) and it run (show) only few seconds (maybe 2 - 3 blinked eyes). i can't do anything. Plz help

Did you look in CCleaner advanced options and see if the 'close program after cleaning box' was ticked?

Do you know where to look to find this option?

at the folder, it's only Lang (folder) and CCleaner.exe and uninst.exe. At ALL PROGRAMS there are CCleaner, CCleaner Homepage, Uninstall CCleaner. Am i missing something?

In CCleaner go to Options then Advanced then insure that "Close program after cleaning" is not checked

By the way, SP3 has been out for 6 months and provides several security enhancements for Windows and I run it on my XP Home and Pro systems without problems.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

i'm regularly upgrade my Win XP SP2, and the last was this morning. And CCleaner (212) act like that (just peek-a-bo) although i had run new installation for my Win XP SP2. And it still like that, even with new one (CCleaner 215) or the old one (207). Plz help

Hello vincent,

Welcome to the forums !!! :D

Make sure that option is turned off like Hazel and Kenny advise.

Also reboot after installing CCleaner. It is not always necessary but in your case I would recommend it.

If the problem continues then run some malware scans. Some malware will keep CCleaner from running.

If any malware is found then follow these instructions to clean infections from your PC.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=17457

Good luck, :) davey

Go to the Folder where CCleaner is installed then edit CCleaner.ini then remove AutoClose=1

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user