Limewire and *.hlp

PeaceMaker

Hi,

I have a two suggestions, first off limewire:

Standart LimeWire makes a Directory in the my Documents that is named 'Incomplete'. You'd be supprised, my friend had :blink: FOUR GIGABYTE :blink: of unfinished downloads there...

Secondly:

I notice that windows contains alot of *.HLP files... I'v personally never used them and mannualy deleted them. Im not sure if its oke to put it into CCleaner but its just an suggestion :)

PeaceMaker

CCleaner FTW!!!

Welcome PeaceMaker

Personally I would never have any P2P ( Person 2 Person ) file sharing application on any of my systems as they are the easiest way to have your system infected as the malware purveyors can lure you with trojanized offerings that sound and look irresistible.

Please read:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/security-c...le-sharing.html

Look at all the people requesting help in Spyware Hell because they got infected with the use of Limewire:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showforum=12

The *.HLP files... do not take up much space and since they are an integral part of Windows they are used in quite a few places.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Welcome PeaceMaker

Personally I would never have any P2P ( Person 2 Person ) file sharing application on any of my systems as they are the easiest way to have your system infected as the malware purveyors can lure you with trojanized offerings that sound and look irresistible.

Ty,

All im suggesting to add the unfinished map (by limewire) to CCleaner. I wasn't reffering to Virusses ect.

PeaceMaker

CCleaner FTW!!!

• Moderators

You are playing with fire, and I second all Kens comments, and doubt as to whether it would ever be an integral part of CCleaner, but it's quite easy to add that folder to CCleaner/Options/Include Files or Folders.

Remember to check the "Custom Files and Folders" box in CCleaner/Windows/Advanced.

Hope that helps

You are playing with fire, and I second all Kens comments, and doubt as to whether it would ever be an integral part of CCleaner, but it's quite easy to add that folder to CCleaner/Options/Include Files or Folders.

Remember to check the "Custom Files and Folders" box in CCleaner/Windows/Advanced.

Hope that helps

About the Incomplete folder in Documents from Limewire is used for people who wish to continue the downloading of the movie, music, and etc in case you closed limewire when the downloadable file was not finished completely. So therefor not everyone might want to delete it if you wish to continue downloading the remaining file. You can always delete it manually if you don't want it no more. In other words that folder is created for a reason.

• Moderators

Winapp2.ini (http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=1110) currently DOES include Limewire's Incomplete Folder

[*LimeWire]LangSecRef=3022DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\LimeWire\LimeWire.exeDefault=TrueFileKey1=%userprofile%\Incomplete|*.*|RECURSEFileKey2=%userprofile%\Application Data\LimeWire|fileurns.cacheFileKey3=%userprofile%\Application Data\LimeWire|createtimes.cacheFileKey4=%userprofile%\Application Data\LimeWire|responses.cacheFileKey5=%userprofile%\Application Data\LimeWire|ttree.cacheFileKey6=%userprofile%\Application Data\LimeWire|gnutella.net

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com