Foxit Reader 3.0

rridgely

• Moderators

I must have missed this update previously but I just cleaned/updated all the software on one of my computers and noticed there was a new version of Foxit. This new update is pretty awesome. They finally made it where it would open up inside of firefox like adobe(I've wanted this for a long time). They also changed the interface up a bit with a sidebar that has page previews, bookmarks ect.

Only downside I see so far is that the installer has a toolbar that you have to deselect and they also tried to hide some links to ebay in there too. Not a huge issue but worth noting.

I must have missed this update previously but I just cleaned/updated all the software on one of my computers and noticed there was a new version of Foxit. This new update is pretty awesome. They finally made it where it would open up inside of firefox like adobe(I've wanted this for a long time). They also changed the interface up a bit with a sidebar that has page previews, bookmarks ect.

Only downside I see so far is that the installer has a toolbar that you have to deselect and they also tried to hide some links to ebay in there too. Not a huge issue but worth noting.

I use the zip version so no tool bar BS for me. I tried the FF plugin option in the settings but it did not work. Could be because I use the zip version or because I use FF portable. Is there a plugin for FF in the Foxit install folder? There isn't in mine. I don't really like the a PDF reader opening PDFs in my browser any ways.

• Moderators

Even open source software is bundling 3rd party apps nowadays. I understand it's a way for the authors to legitimately get some revenue, although I still don't like it the same and always opt for a zipped version from which I can make my own installer.