Uninstalled Opera but still shows up under programs under the cleaning section?

Kestol

Welcome Kestol

I had the same problem removing Opera which leaves as many remnants as a Norton anti virus un-install even with its own un-installer.

I had to use Windows Search to find All files and folders for Opera then delete them then I had to do a Find... with regedit for Opera to remove its remnants there as well.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

It depends how you install Opera. If you used the Windows installer version it will put the profile in C\Documents and Settings\User\ Application Data\ Opera. If you installed it with the classic installer and for a single user everything is in the installation directory in C\Program Files\ Opera. Clean out both locations.

During Opera's uninstall process you are given the option to do a custom uninstall and if you select it you will be able to select everything. A regular uninstall will leave the profile behind in case you want to reinstall not because it's a POS like Norton.

Well i tried both of your suggestions... But still no luck :(

It's still there :(

I've deleted everything at:

C\Documents and Settings\User\ Application Data\ Opera

C\Program Files\ Opera

And did the search thing too...

But it's still there...

And you said that during the uninstall process i am given the option to choose custom uninstall.. But this isnt true in my case.. When i choose uninstall through the windows add/remove thing.. It starts the uninstall and then does everything automaticly.. No choice options..

:(

Well i tried both of your suggestions... But still no luck :(

It's still there :(

I've deleted everything at:

C\Documents and Settings\User\ Application Data\ Opera

C\Program Files\ Opera

And did the search thing too...

But it's still there...

And you said that during the uninstall process i am given the option to choose custom uninstall.. But this isnt true in my case.. When i choose uninstall through the windows add/remove thing.. It starts the uninstall and then does everything automaticly.. No choice options..

:(

You must have used the Windows installer version. I never do. I use the classic installer which does give you the option to custom uninstall. Also has less problems than the Windows installer version. With the classic installer when you uninstall and choose custom you get several screens listing all the Reg entries and folders and files and you can choose what you want to keep or delete. I select "all" and delete everything.

If you ever reinstall Opera use the Classic installer. You can see it on this page http://www.opera.com/browser/download/?os=....62&local=y

It's not easy to find any more. Opera seems to have taken some lessons from Micro$hit and has made things unnecessarily difficult. Used to be right on the download page and easy to find.

You might want to reinstall and use Revo uninstaller to uninstall it again and let Revo clean up the left overs.

Use Eusing Registry Cleaner.

I've been using it for a month now and it works great.

I much prefer RegSeeker followed by NTREGOPT.

After using Search for "Eusing" please read:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=113975

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I haven't had any trouble with it. Even if I did run into a problem I can always restore from the backup it creates. It saves a lot of time by deleting leftover files & folders from unistalled programs.

• Moderators

The advice to fully remove Opera has been spot on, therefore suggesting someone use Eusing Registry Cleaner which has been known to give a horrible amount of false positives can cause more problems than were originally trying to be solved. Enough about Eusing already.

Hi Kestol!

I just wanted to let U know that since I downloaded the Revo Uninstaller, I use it all the time and no longer bother with my windows add/remove program removal because Revo truly does a great job. Sometimes a couple of items might still be left behind, so I automatically go to START...SEARCH = For Files or Folders. In the blank space, I would (for example) type: opera

If any icons of OPERA show up, I can delete them from there. Of course, you want to make sure you're not deleting anything you need, but if unsure, just refrain from deleting! This has worked extremely well for me.

Good luck with solving your problem...if you haven't already done so by now! If not, then you really might want to consider what AnthonyA said about reinstalling Opera and then using the Revo Uninstaller to get rid of it all.