Clear PageFile

greyowl2

I'll second that, i use eraser to clear my pagefile on shutdown. I have tested this and it adds about 30-45 seconds to shutdown.

How do you use Eraser to clear the pagefile on shutdown. Please walk me through the steps.

Thanks

How do you use Eraser to clear the pagefile on shutdown. Please walk me through the steps.

Thanks

Its a waste of time as the pagefile is rebuilt by Windows at bootup.

If you choose to clear the pagefile at Shutdown then that takes 10-30 seconds longer depending on hard drive speed then bootup takes 10-30 seconds longer for Windows to allocate the space then populate its contents.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

To set in eraser, open then follow edit/pref/general then just tick the box. YoKenny your right that it recreates its self but if you clear the file it re creates its self without your personal details. Your also right about the time it takes, 30-45 seconds is a tad bit to much...

To set in eraser, open then follow edit/pref/general then just tick the box. YoKenny your right that it recreates its self but if you clear the file it re creates its self without your personal details. Your also right about the time it takes, 30-45 seconds is a tad bit to much...

Thank--I never noticed this option.