Still unsure of some things

grits2

I've read the beginners guide & just about every post in the forum ( which was a mistake cuz now I'm overloaded ). I'm sure I should run CCleaner cuz my puter is sooooo slow it's driving me buggy but still unsure of cookies for one thing. As long as I always sign in to forums with user name & password, I don't have to worry about saving any cookies associated with that forum.........is that correct? And I saw something about "protecting flash cookies" but don't know what that means.

Thanks.

• Moderators

Flash Cookies are cookies used by the Adobe Flash Player (YouTube, NPR etc) they are kept in a different location than your normal cookies.

Glad you read the Guide and the Forum; thats 20 steps more than most people. :)

Running the Cleaner section of CCleaner is quite safe (though be careful with the advanced section it is as it say advanced)

The Registry section. . . well read my signature :) Keep coming back and you too can be a help to those who don't read the guide and forum and my signature (can you tell I'm in love with my signature HAHAHA)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com