Registry Cleaner

larry39

Anyone have any experience, opinions, gripes, complaints, or praises on Uniblue RegistryBooster?
Search here for Uniblue

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=16320

Search Google for Uniblue

Waste of money at least to down right dangerous at worst.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Kenny,

Thanks for the link. I had previously done a forum search on uniblue, but it failed to tag those posts.

As for Google, I had done that too, but I was interested in opinions of members of this forum and your link provided that.

After looking closer at RegistryBooster, I found that you can only fix a few errors (16 or so) with the trial version before you have to buy. Not enough testing room for me.

I personally think AMUST Registry Cleaner or Clean My PC Registry Cleaner or even Registry Mechanic would be a better choice though.

Reg Mechanic is certainly one of the best, though I'm not keen on recent versions (from version 6 onwards) as it picks up temp files in one of its categories with no way to not scan for them without disabling a whole category. Personally, apart from the annoyance, I think that's just a thinly veiled attempt at bumping up the number of 'problems' it finds.

Plus Reg Mech isn't free (I got version 5 a while back when it was offered free on vnunet). Unless you know what you're doing when it comes to the registry I wouldn't recommend anything more than CCleaner's reg cleaner, there are lots of free reg cleaners out there, and most will do more harm than good if you're uncertain of what you're doing - rule number one as far as I'm concerned is: the reg cleaner that finds the most invalid entries is not the best, in fact the exact opposite IMO. Don't fall for the reg cleaner marketing hype.

I personally think AMUST Registry Cleaner or Clean My PC Registry Cleaner or even Registry Mechanic would be a better choice though.

Having just checked out Amust and CleanMyPC I would recommend against them personally. Amust just finds waaay to many supposedly invalid entries (nearly 300 on my pretty clean system), I didn't check them all but there were a few definite valid entries flagged up as invalid.

As for CleanMyPC, I had my doubts just from looking at their site, but that is a very poor reg cleaner. Though it doesn't find quite such a large amount of supposedly invalid entries there seemed to be an awful lot of valid entries flagged up. And a look at the user reviews on SiteAdvisor doesn't make it sound too great either - LINK