Migo Registry Repair

Jiri Pik

• Moderators

I highly doubt that other registry cleaner you're comparing CC against is finding 100% valid bad registry data, many list perfectly valid registry data and will only cause a horde of problems if blindly removing it all.

Just search the forums for what I've stated. Also CC is an application with a safer registry cleaner compared to many others, and is less likely to cause you grief as in having to reinstall software or even worse Windows itself.

• Moderators

I don't need to add anything to Andavaris observations, (I can't run fast enough to do that), but out of curiosity I had a look at what I think is the program you are comparing CCleaner with.

Registry Repair: (Migo)

I have no intention of deriding the program, but it ventures into areas I have never seen in the Registry Maintenance programs I've looked at and tried, and I hope you always make a backup before running it.

I don't need to add anything to Andavaris observations, (I can't run fast enough to do that), but out of curiosity I had a look at what I think is the program you are comparing CCleaner with.

Registry Repair: (Migo)

I have no intention of deriding the program, but it ventures into areas I have never seen in the Registry Maintenance programs I've looked at and tried, and I hope you always make a backup before running it.

I do not dispute your views, it's quite likely that some of the other program's suggestions are not appropriate. However, some are relevant, indeed, such as the values of the keys with the filenames of the programs which have been uninstalled.

Can CCleaner take inspiration from that program?

Keep doing your great work!

• Moderators

It sounds as if you know what you're doing Jiri, just don't forget those backups, which is something we always emphasise to users of CCleaner as well.

The inspiration thing? Probably not, but who knows, I'm not one of the developers.

Hope to see you around the forum again.

:)

It sounds as if you know what you're doing Jiri, just don't forget those backups, which is something we always emphasise to users of CCleaner as well.

The inspiration thing? Probably not, but who knows, I'm not one of the developers.

Hope to see you around the forum again.

You are fantastic.

In my opinion the fact is that CCleaner handles as 'Applications Cleaning' many stuff that other cleaners declare to be 'Registry Errors'.

Just for instance, most of MRU lists. IMO this often foolish people about CCleaner finding "so few" entries scanning the Registry.

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

In my opinion the fact is that CCleaner handles as 'Applications Cleaning' many stuff that other cleaners declare to be 'Registry Errors'.

Just for instance, most of MRU lists. IMO this often foolish people about CCleaner finding "so few" entries scanning the Registry.

Each program has definitely its own terminology. All The Best.