Error 6

joanie707

Spyware terminator seems to me to have taken over, I wanted to remove it but no matter how I try to get it off my computer I get the Error 6:the handle is invalid. I have tried CCleaner and Windows uninstall and get the same message

Can anyone give me a way to get rid of this program? I sure would appreciate any help I can get

Thank you

Joanie707 :(

Welcome joanie707

What is your operating system and Service Pack level?

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Also as well as the info which YoKenny asked for, have you tried uninstalling spyware terminator in safe mode?

[b]Hello hazelnut,

without specific instruction, I really don't know how to do that though I suppose i can find out in help files. I will do that ASAP but it might be awhile. Thanks a lot both of you for picking up on this, it has bugged me ever since I installed it![/b]

• Moderators

Have a look here for instructions

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/e...c904a11033.mspx

Don't worry about trying it out. When you are in safe mode just go to the add/remove and try again to uninstall Spyware Terminator.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Spyware terminator seems to me to have taken over, I wanted to remove it but no matter how I try to get it off my computer I get the Error 6:the handle is invalid. I have tried CCleaner and Windows uninstall and get the same message

Can anyone give me a way to get rid of this program? I sure would appreciate any help I can get

Thank you

Joanie707 :(

Hi Joannie

I have had similar problems with Spyware Terminator you could try downloading Revo uninstaller its a good tool if used carefully if you have half uninstalled Terminator allready it may not show up in revo uninstaller so reinstall Terminator then uninstall it using Revo uninstaller it will remove most if not all remnants of Spyware Terminator and of course then run CCleaner I realise this is a long winded process but it as worked for me many times.

Good Luck

Steve

PS

Try Superantispyware