how to get rid of avs

bignedkelly

hello again

i got help from you guys last year and im back again in need of some more advice

i have AVS from aol as my current anti virus software

i keep getting pop ups telling me that it is out of date but when i try to update it does not allow this

i thought the best solution would be to try another anti virus software program so i downloaded AVG - free

when i started to install i was prompted to cancel the installation as it is unadvisable to have 2 anti virus programs running at the same time

so i tried to remove the avs software through add/remove programs but i cant see the remove button when i highlight avs???

so my question is - how do i remove avs from my computer in order to install avg?

• Moderators

Hve you tried right clicking the icon in the taskbar and selecting exit ( or something similar first) so it is shut down before you try to uninsatll it?

Also have a read here

http://forums.vnunet.com/thread.jspa?messageID=969008

Let us know how you get on.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Once again you guys have sorted me out -

took a fair bit o messin about and about 3 dozen reboots but finally got rid of it

used the special uninstaller from the link you gave me

i tried the other options first but all to no avail but the uninstaller did the trick

anyway this idiot once again thanks you for your patience and expert advice

I would have suggested Revo. Anything that's AOL related should be ripped to shreds.

For some people AOL is the ONLY means to get to the Internet but that does not mean that they have to use their software.

Guiding them to download IE7 then showing them how to protect it would be a better way to wean them away from the AOL software.

You Can Catch More Flies with Honey than with Vinegar

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Once again you guys have sorted me out -

took a fair bit o messin about and about 3 dozen reboots but finally got rid of it

used the special uninstaller from the link you gave me

i tried the other options first but all to no avail but the uninstaller did the trick

anyway this idiot once again thanks you for your patience and expert advice

I'm glad you got it sorted out.

I don't think you are an idiot because you found us here.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user