MS Office 2003 requires CD 1

Thom

Welcome to Puriform Thom.

After running program, I try to open any MS Office 2003 program and I get software initializing and then I'm requested to insert MS Office CD 1. running 2.10.618

And don't tell me you don't have the CD's? :mellow: eBay.

Well just do a system restore before you first used CCleaner. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• Moderators

This problem happens if:

• You've installed MS Office 2003 without letting it store the setup files on the hard disk in: C:\MSOCache
  • This also occurs if the file "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA\OPA11.BAK" is deleted by a disk cleaning program.
    Note: CCleaner by default does NOT delete that file whatsoever, whilst other rival cleaners will.

The solution I used years ago was this:

1. Uninstall Microsoft Office 2003, then restart Windows.
  2. Reinstall Microsoft Office 2003 and allow it to store the setup files on your hard disk. The 260 MB this eats up in disk space is well worth it to remove any future aggravation of finding setup disc 1.
  3. In any other cleaning programs you use such as EasyCleaner, etc., exclude OPA11.BAK from being deleted in their junk file cleaning portion.
    After this is done there should be no need to constantly have to use setup disc 1.

Welcome to Puriform Thom.

And don't tell me you don't have the CD's? :mellow: eBay.

Well just do a system restore before you first used CCleaner. ;)

Thanks, I have original CDs and I've just retired as a programmer with 30+ years of experience. I'm the one zapping the file (OPA11.BAK) when I cleanup old *.tmp, *.bak, ~*.* files etc. about once a month. Usually, I run my routine before/after CCleaner. Again thanks for your help.

This problem happens if:

• You've installed MS Office 2003 without letting it store the setup files on the hard disk in: C:\MSOCache

• This also occurs if the file "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA\OPA11.BAK" is deleted by a disk cleaning program.

Note: CCleaner by default does NOT delete that file whatsoever, whilst other rival cleaners will.

The solution I used years ago was this:

1. Uninstall Microsoft Office 2003, then restart Windows.

2. Reinstall Microsoft Office 2003 and allow it to store the setup files on your hard disk. The 260 MB this eats up in disk space is well worth it to remove any future aggravation of finding setup disc 1.

3. In any other cleaning programs you use such as EasyCleaner, etc., exclude OPA11.BAK from being deleted in their junk file cleaning portion.

After this is done there should be no need to constantly have to use setup disc 1.

Andavari

I'm the one zapping the file (OPA11.BAK) when I cleanup old *.tmp, *.bak, ~*.* files etc. about once a month. Usually, I run my routine before/after CCleaner. Again thanks for your help.