StarBurn v. 10

Tom AZ

• Moderators

That looks like a real good giveaway Tom, although I've no use personally for things like the "network" feature.

Nice post.

Edit: Damn, I just can't resist having a look at it. Downloading now.

That looks like a real good giveaway Tom, although I've no use personally for things like the "network" feature.

Nice post.

Edit: Damn, I just can't resist having a look at it. Downloading now.

I have plenty of rippers and burners myself, so I don't really need it. However, like you Dennis, curiosity might just drive me to have a look at it.

• Moderators

I think it was back in March that BurnAware was a giveaway, which used a Starburn engine to do it's thing. If I remember rightly, the problem I had was it maxed out the CPU when burning a DVD. In comparison, Ashampoo can be as low as 10% CPU usage when doing the same thing.

I'm keeping this until I next burn a DVD to see if it does the same thing.

The one thing I would say about this particular version of Starburn, is that if you're new on the web, and don't yet have a lot of free software, this program does it all, and then some. How well it does it I don't know, but I think I'll hang onto it for a while and find out.

If nothing else, it's something to play around with on rainy days, and we're getting a few of those at the moment.

Of course all this is pointless jabber if you missed the time limit, but it will probably come around again.