ATI 8.7 and the Reg Errors-CCleaner picks up after install!

iDash

After installing, the ATi Driver 8.7,

I ran the CCleaner for REG errors

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

and it found this...

Unused File Extension .DVR HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.DVR

ActiveX/COM Issue AtiComCloneControl.CloneViewHelper - {4242B984-6C36-4FC8-8626-DE5E8B11886D} HKCR\AtiComCloneControl.CloneViewHelper

ActiveX/COM Issue AtiComCloneControl.CloneViewHelper.1 - {4242B984-6C36-4FC8-8626-DE5E8B11886D} HKCR\AtiComCloneControl.CloneViewHelper.1

ActiveX/COM Issue C4.CCCCom - {CC7C96DF-1942-4D46-9FCD-810EF1C56C2D} HKCR\C4.CCCCom

ActiveX/COM Issue UserInterfaceObject.AtiPropertySheetACE - {872A9397-E0D6-4E28-B64D-52B8D0A7EA35} HKCR\UserInterfaceObject.AtiPropertySheetACE

ActiveX/COM Issue UserInterfaceObject.AtiPropertySheetACE.1 - {872A9397-E0D6-4E28-B64D-52B8D0A7EA35} HKCR\UserInterfaceObject.AtiPropertySheetACE.1

ActiveX/COM Issue WBOCX3.DirectSkinAce.1 - {EB2D089B-51AD-4DEA-98D3-C37A0F3479D7} HKCR\WBOCX3.DirectSkinAce.1

It gets worse, upon looking up these on google a couple are reported by Mcfee as Dangerous with even one changing the Homepage of their Broswers!

Will these effect my Graphics Driver if I delete them?

• Moderators

I don't know what will happen if you remove them because I only use the Drivers Only install.

The full download package that includes the ATI Control Center puts allot of stuff on the system, and is pretty much only needed by people wanting to tweak everything.

Did you uninstall the old version berfore installing the new?

Did you run CCleaner before or after the new install?

In my opinion, its better to run CCleaner after the uninstall of the old version instead of after the install of the new version. That way all the leftover crap from the old is gone and you are stating the new install with a clean slate.

I don't recall what issues CCleaner found on my PC but I have been using the ATI driver 8.7 since 7/23 with the latest version of CCleaner since 7/23. Steps I used:

Uninstalled old driver

ran CCleaner registry cleaner

installed new driver (I only installed the basic driver, not the catalyst suite)

You can also have CCleaner make a backup of the issues and merge them back later if their are problems.