Japanese browser maker takes on IE, Firefox

YoKenny

Japanese browser maker takes on IE, Firefox

Fenrir wants to snare 5% of the browser market

By Martyn Williams

July 22, 2008 (IDG News Service) TOKYO -- A Japanese software company is stepping up international promotion of its Web browser in the hope of carving out a 5% share over the next few years of a market dominated by Internet Explorer and Firefox.

http://www.computerworld.com:80/action/art...;intsrc=hm_list

Posted with Sleipnir browser

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I think Hazelnut uses that browser. I installed it once and tried it out but it didn't do anything I couldn't already do with all the other browsers I had and it didn't come anywhere near the customization that Opera and FireFox have.

• Moderators

Good memory there Anthony, although I am back on Opera again now.

I used Sleipnir browser for about 6 months, I did find it very customisable, for example you have the choice of using either the Trident (IE) or Gecko(Ffox) engine for it. I think it could attract users over this end of the world especially as they seem to be putting effort and marketing into it. How are you finding it Kenny?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I like it a lot.

It has a really neat feature that it restores all the last open tabs when restarted and it is really fast.

There are so many features that I have yet to explore like Group that saves open sites as a group and a whole mess of skins that I have not yet tried.

I have Opera on my old WinME system and I prefer this browser as all of the IE7 buttons are in the same place as I'm use to.

Things I miss are SiteAdvisor on this XP Pro system as I like to report malicious sites to them and also SiteHound that I have on my XP Home system and IE7Pro for its spell check and Accu Weather plug in.

Edit: Its another one of those Serendipity things ;)

Edited by YoKenny

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I like it a lot.

It has a really neat feature that it restores all the last open tabs when restarted and it is really fast.

There are so many features that I have yet to explore like Group that saves open sites as a group and a whole mess of skins that I have not yet tried.

I have Opera on my old WinME system and I prefer this browser as all of the IE7 buttons are in the same place as I'm use to.

Things I miss are SiteAdvisor on this XP Pro system as I like to report malicious sites to them and also SiteHound that I have on my XP Home system and IE7Pro for its spell check and Accu Weather plug in.

Edit: Its another one of those Serendipity things ;)

It has very few skins compared to Opera and FireFox. As for restoring the last tabs used when starting both are standard futures in Firefox and Opera.

Groups are also like sessions a standard feature in Opera and there a several extensions for it in Firefox. Maxthon is also much more customizable. Sleipnir has some pretty aggressive market share goals that's for sure.