Recycle Bin Cleaning never stops

tdinc1

Hello.

I have CC set on NSA. The cleaning procedure never ends, Its runs forever. it seems to be stuck. the .iso file is no longer on my drive. :mellow:

I left it going for an hour. I reinstalled CC and same issue. Thanks for the help

I attached a snapshot.

post-21836-1216140334_thumb.jpg

post-21836-1216140334_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Can you remember how much (in mb, gb) you are trying to clean? If you really want secure deletion then I should try 1 pass to see if that speeds things up, or if there are no secrets there then use normal deletion for fastest cleaning.

Hello.

I have CC set on NSA. The cleaning procedure never ends, Its runs forever. it seems to be stuck. the .iso file is no longer on my drive. :mellow:

I left it going for an hour. I reinstalled CC and same issue. Thanks for the help

I attached a snapshot.

I imagine that the file is listed as having been deleted because CCleaner has done that, but for the NSA level (7 passes) of deletion, it will take a considerable amount of time. Each bit must be written over and and changed/erased. Depending on the size of the iso you were getting rid of then it really could take a long time. If CCleaner still finds it the next time you restart it, then you may have to use a utility like "Unlocker", please use this with care, there's not much it won't delete, including system files.

Good Luck!

Vic

VicLovan.com

http://www.viclovan.com/ccleaner2settings.htm