Select drive option

I'd love to have CCleaner on a thumb drive and be able to select which drive I want to clean. Unless I'm missing something, you have to have CCleaner on any drive you want to have cleaned. There could be a 'default' drive to clean but perhaps in options, of "Select Drive".

• Moderators

There is a portable version of CC which can be installed on and run from a flash drive. CC runs on the system drive only (I don't know how it knows which is the system drive, I've rather boringly only had systems on the c drive). CC doesn't have a drive option as the default folders to be cleaned are installed on the system drive: it's not possible to differentiate between system folders which have been moved to a non-system drive and innocent user folders with the same name.

• 1 month later...

I agree, being able to manually select the drive to be cleaned would be very usefull. For instance, running from a Bart PE disc or a UBCD4Win disc would cause CCleaner to "clean" the B: drive which is the RAM drive while booted from the CD-ROM. I would greatly appreciate this option in an ini or command line option.

• Moderators

????? um why not just use the Portable version????

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com