CCleaner version number

I have been using CCleaner for the longest time and have always installed all the updates to the program, but the display always shows v.2.02.527. Is this a glitch in the software ? Am I actually running the latest version 2.09.600.

I have uninstalled any old version that I had and did a fresh install of the latest version but the display still shows the old version number.

So I have no idea which version I am running.

I would appreciate anybody's comments on this matter.

Thanks

Trengag

I have been using CCleaner for the longest time and have always installed all the updates to the program, but the display always shows v.2.02.527. Is this a glitch in the software ? Am I actually running the latest version 2.09.600.

I have uninstalled any old version that I had and did a fresh install of the latest version but the display still shows the old version number.

Thanks

Trengag

Normally I would say this is a job for CCleaner, so this blows. I would do a CCleaning, do the uninstall, reboot, check the programs folder to make sure the folder is actually gone and if not, delete it. Then do a reinstall and see if that gets you up to date. If not, I would still use CCleaner to do the registry scan and cleaning (a couple of times to make sure you get it all). If that didn't work then, I would start the same process over except that you could use the portable version.

I did a search to see where other files might be and you might see if you've got one in "C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch" and if so, delete it too. Even the ".ini" file if you use it, will be in the CCleaner program folder.

Also I did a quick registry scan using a cool little program called "RegLite" and found a few entries on that machine and the only ones I think I would make sure were gone were -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CCleaner

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Management\ARPCache\CCleaner

Now, I'm not a software writer, and don't know that these would make any difference but getting rid of them couldn't hurt after the uninstall and before reinstalling CCleaner.

I, as well as the CCleaner software writers, will be interested to hear what you've done to cure this, so even if you do get it please report back again.

Good Luck!

Vic

VicLovan.com

http://www.viclovan.com/ccleaner2settings.htm

Thanks

Trengag

Hello trengag,

Download your new versions from here. http://www.CCleaner.com/download

You should not continue to get the same version in your CCleaner window.

If you are downloading from a non authorized site then you will have problems.

What OS,edition and version are you using.

After downloading try running CCleaner directly from the CCleaner folder icon.You may be running the same old version over and over from an old Desktop short-cut.

Good luck,

:) davey

Thanks to Davey and Vic.

You were both right.

I had originally installed CCleaner in my "New" Programs folder. And now realize that all the updates would automatically install to the programs folder.

And I kept starting CCleaner from the same original short-cut to the old version.

I have now uninstalled the old version, created a short-cut to new version and everything is fine.

I created this "New Programs" folder in order to keep new installations separate from the original Windows install.

From now on, I will pay more attention to which folder new automatic updates/installations go to.

Once again,

Thank you very much.

Trengag