Sample Lottery Scam Email

Humpty

Just received a very similar email and even though a scam I had a bit of a chuckle as well seeing as all I had to do was fill out the form to claim my million pound win. :lol:

Below is yet another example of an truly ludicrous and unbelievably phony lottery, this one using the name "Microsoft UK Lotto". This is really one of the most pathetic scams attempts we've ever seen. If you fell for this scam, we suggest you lock yourself in the basement and have people slide food under the door. Don't ever go outside again. It is too dangerous for you. Really.

There are many signs that this is a fraud, not the least of which is that Microsoft never has and never will sponsor a lottery, of any kind. Bill Gates has made that pretty clear. And, by the way, Microsoft is not, does not, and will not ever send you to DisneyWorld. They don't "test the internet", nor sponsor email lotteries to "promote use of the internet".

In addition to the usual clues, notice the gibberish writing, excessive/incorrect use of CAPITAL letters, lack of decent punctuation. The sentences don't even make sense. Hardly what a professional (i.e., real) lottery would do. Note the other clues to an obvious fraud that we have highlighted in the letter; keep confidential, selected by a random computer lottery of email addresses, use of free email accounts, etc.

MS Lottery Scam Article

An amusing read, Humpty. sad thing is someone will fall for it.

It's so badly written that they must have used an online translator. :)

Oh durn!

Do you mean I may not already be a wiener?

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user