CCleaner Slim download problems

NewScience

Each time I try to download the slim version of CCleaner, the connection eventually is reset by the download server. My network connection stays up, but the connection is reset.

The data transfer rate starts at 5Kb, then goes to 3Kb, 1Kb, 950bytes, ... eventually sometimes to 700 bytes ... and then quits. I once got to 73% downloaded but it still quit.

What is going on?

My dial-up: 28.8 (never had problems before)

Windows 2000 SP4

64MB Ram

This is happening on multiple OS on this same PC (win95, 98, Me 2000).

Each time I try to download the slim version of CCleaner, the connection eventually is reset by the download server. My network connection stays up, but the connection is reset.

The data transfer rate starts at 5Kb, then goes to 3Kb, 1Kb, 950bytes, ... eventually sometimes to 700 bytes ... and then quits. I once got to 73% downloaded but it still quit.

What is going on?

My dial-up: 28.8 (never had problems before)

Windows 2000 SP4

64MB Ram

This is happening on multiple OS on this same PC (win95, 98, Me 2000).

Hello,

This link helps fix many install problems for older OS. http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=5739 Don't forget to Reboot(important)

Also note that Win95 is not supported by CCleaner.

Good luck,

:) davey

Are you downloading from the CCleaner site?

Here:

I've just tried it and it seems fine. Maybe a lot of traffic or a hiccup with your ISP.

Have another try at that link.

Yes: ... http://www.CCleaner.com/download/builds/downloading-slim

Today somehow everything is cleared up (after 2 days). My transfer rate is 3.12Kb/sec

So something has changed dealing with the CCleaner download server

Hello,

This link helps fix many install problems for older OS. http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=5739 Don't forget to Reboot(important)

Also note that Win95 is not supported by CCleaner.

Good luck,

:) davey

I'll keep this in mind when I have an INSTALL problem. Since my problem entailed DOWNLOADING the package ... this does not pertain to me.

Today somehow everything is cleared up (after 2 days). My transfer rate is 3.12Kb/sec

• Moderators

Who knows for sure, although I don't envy you still being on dial-up. You should probably find yourself a good freeware or open source download manager to help get those pesky files that don't want to finish when downloading from within a web browser. I'm on DSL and still find them useful sometimes! ;)