suggestion

pp999

Welcome to Piriform pp999.

in the options "only delete files in temp folder older than 48 hours", you could make that 48 customizable...like

only older than 1 hour and so on.

Why would anyone want to keep Windows temp folder files beats me. They can remove the time limit for me and just delete the lot. Do you store files in the Windows temp folder? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

The reason you may like to keep the files in the temp folder for a certain amount of time is primarily if you are installing software.

Many installers need you to restart Windows constantly - if you have set CCleaner to run at restart, the temp files that the installer needed will now be erased if not set to 48 hours.

I agree with pp999 that we should be able to configure this option as I would like to run CCleaner at startup, but with this option off I run the risk of corrupting installs etc., whereas if we could say 1 hour before deleted, any installs should have safely completed.

Agree with the change requested above ...

If you have other programs open while CCleaner is running (which is not advised, but can happen if you are running CCleaner automatically as a Scheduled Task), they may have work files in the temporary directory - which you DO NOT want CCleaner to delete...

I support pp999 and burtman that the time setting (currently 48h) should be made flexible, including "0h" to keep keithuk happy ;)

Em

i use CCleaner weekly

The reason you may like to keep the files in the temp folder for a certain amount of time is primarily if you are installing software.

Many installers need you to restart Windows constantly - if you have set CCleaner to run at restart, the temp files that the installer needed will now be erased if not set to 48 hours.

I agree installers do use the temp folder to install files then just remove set CCleaner to run from restart or startup.

Be honest now how many times do you run CCleaner each week? I run it once a week. The cost and size of hard drives today doesn't warrant cleaning the drive everyday just to save space. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best