CCleaner remove startup items

Keithuk

I installed CCleaner CCleaner 2.08.588 on my new temp computer WinXP and clicked on Tools/Startup. Put a checkmark on the items to remove and clicked and it removed nothing. I had to install CCleaner 2.06.567 and do it that way. Come on Davey tell the the solution. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Again:

- To disable remove the checkmark

- To delete select and press the 'Delete Entry' button (or use 'Delete Entry' from the right click menu).

Thank you Whiteshark I do know what checkmarks mean. I've selected items in the list and press the Delete Entry but the items are still shown. With 2.06.567 it asks are you sure you want to remove this item. You click yes and the items disappear from the list. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Thank you Whiteshark I do know what checkmarks mean. I've selected items in the list and press the Delete Entry but the items are still shown. With 2.06.567 it asks are you sure you want to remove this item. You click yes and the items disappear from the list. ;)

Hey Keith,

Don't know what to say other than what has been said before.

Here is how it works for me.

I use WinXP Pro SP3 IE7 AVG 7.5 is checked(Enabled) and starts first.

I have unchecked(Disabled) some entries and they do not start-up at boot.They remain in the list of Start-up entries and are unchecked(Disabled).

The others are checked (Enabled) and they do start-up at boot.They remain in list of Startup entries and are checked(Enabled).

I have highlighted an Enabled entry and used the Delete button and the item was removed from the list of entries and does not start at boot.It no longer shows in the list of startup entries.

I only Deleted one item as a test for another member.Until this version I was using WhatsRunning to maintain my startup entries.Normally I don't Delete any Startup entries.I either Enable OR Disable them.

Some members may be having problems if they are using more than 1 program to maintain the Startup entries.I Enabled all entries in WhatsRunning before starting to use CCleaner to maintain my Startup entries.

t1079_20080609043524.png

:) davey

Edited by davey

I have unchecked(Disabled) some entries and they do not start-up at boot.They remain in the list of Start-up entries and are unchecked(Disabled).

The others are checked (Enabled) and they do start-up at boot.They remain in list of Startup entries and are checked(Enabled).

I have highlighted an Enabled entry and used the Delete button and the item was removed from the list of entries and does not start at boot.It no longer shows in the list of startup entries.

I'm using WinXP Pro SP3, IE7, McAfee 6.0.

So you just untick the entries to have them disabled?

Ok thanks Davey. ;)

Oh bye the way this newer computer isn't must better then my old one apart from having WinXP on it so I won't bother having it.

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best