File size discrepency between alternative Recuva download and Filehippo download

aricblunk

While downloading the latest recuva to add to my collection of great software installers, I decided to download the alternative download instead of filehippo to save myself a click. However, when I compared this to the older version I already had, I was surprised to find that the installer had grown 1.4MB over one update. I downloaded the latest version from filehippo, and found it to be a mere 820KB. What's going on here?

Welcome to Piriform aricblunk.

While downloading the latest recuva to add to my collection of great software installers, I decided to download the alternative download instead of filehippo to save myself a click. However, when I compared this to the older version I already had, I was surprised to find that the installer had grown 1.4MB over one update. I downloaded the latest version from filehippo, and found it to be a mere 820KB. What's going on here?

You're right I've just download from alternative site and its 2238Kb.

I would stick to FileHippo if I were you. The FileHippo size is 819Kb. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Found the reason:

FileHippo version = Slim Version (w/o Yahoo).

Alternative Download = Full Version (w/ Yahoo).

So, FileHippo has the Slim Version of Recuva, but the Full Version of CCleaner.

Also, on the Recuva download page and the Builds page, the size of the Full Version is listed incorrectly.

They call them fingers, but I've never seen them fing, or ger. WOAH there they go!!!!!!!

~Otto

How to use CCleaner on a Flash Drive (pre v2.0)

Found the reason:

FileHippo version = Slim Version (w/o Yahoo).

Alternative Download = Full Version (w/ Yahoo).

So, FileHippo has the Slim Version of Recuva, but the Full Version of CCleaner.

All FileHippo downloads for CCleaner and Recuva are the normal versions, none of them are Slim versions. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Then why does the FileHippo version not have the Yahoo Toolbar?

I also noticed the Recuva download page and Builds page have the wrong size listed for the Full version.

I am sure some wires got crossed somewhere.

STUFF HAPPENS!!! :o Wouldn't want to miss out on the opportunity to accidentally get the Yahoo! Tool Bar installed. :lol:

Thanks for the heads up,

:) davey

Then why does the FileHippo version not have the Yahoo Toolbar?

I don't think any version of Recuva has the Yahoo toolbar only CCleaner has this. I've just installed both of them again.

I also noticed the Recuva download page and Builds page have the wrong size listed for the Full version.

The file size of Recuva Slim is the same size has Recuva normal, 819Kb which is correct. The portable version is 789Kb. ;)

Recuva Builds.

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Wouldn't want to miss out on the opportunity to accidentally get the Yahoo! Tool Bar installed. :lol:
I don't think any version of Recuva has the Yahoo toolbar only CCleaner has this.
Nobody really wants the YTB, but that is one of the ways Piriform gets money to provide free software. If they are getting money for distributing YTB with Recuva, but not actually distributing it with Recuva, then Yahoo would have grounds to cut funding. That is why the Full installer is bigger.

I've just installed both of them again.

The file size of Recuva Slim is the same size has Recuva normal, 819Kb which is correct. The portable version is 789Kb. ;)

Recuva Builds.

Did you download the Full installer from the Recuva builds page? The page says it is only 819kb, but if you click the link and download it you will see that it is 2.18mb (due to YTB being included).

I don't mean to be a pain in the neck. :lol: I'm just trying to get the correct information out there.

Just like how the CCleaner Slim installer actually does have all languages now, not just English.

They call them fingers, but I've never seen them fing, or ger. WOAH there they go!!!!!!!

~Otto

How to use CCleaner on a Flash Drive (pre v2.0)

I don't mean to be a pain in the neck. :lol: I'm just trying to get the correct information out there.

Just like how the CCleaner Slim installer actually does have all languages now, not just English.

I have always found your information very useful.Never a pain in the neck.

My default home page is Yahoo!

Yes, we need the funding from Yahoo! Pardon my humor.

:) davey

Did you download the Full installer from the Recuva builds page? The page says it is only 819kb, but if you click the link and download it you will see that it is 2.18mb (due to YTB being included).

Your right mushu it is 2.18Mb. I've never downloaded any of them of the main site I've always used FileHippo.

I already have the Yahoo bar in my browser anyway. You can download that on it own from Yahoo. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best