Issue Every Time Screensaver Comes On

RequiemReaper

Hi everyone. This is my first post on this forum.

There is a game I really like to play called Insaniquarium. As part of the game you have to collect shells, feed fish and stuff.

It also has a screensaver which collects shells automatically for you, even if you are not on the computer (a very useful feature).

However, every time the screensaver has been on, I get an issue found in CCleaner, which I used to ignore, but now it's getting annoying.

Issue I keep getting:

Missing MUI Reference C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\pcpins2a.exe HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache

I know that I can exlude the registry folder HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache, but that folder usually contains registry keys that need to be cleaned.

Is there a way of just excluding the individual key? Or if you can think of another way of solving this problem please help!

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Piriforum RequiemReaper.

Issue I keep getting:

Missing MUI Reference C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\pcpins2a.exe HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache

You haven't stated which Windows operating system you are using. By what you have quoted above you appear to be using Win9x/ME. I think temp files are stored in Username\Temp sub folder on WinNT.

If it is Win9x/ME then CCleaner will delete all files and folders in C:\Windows\Temp.

I maybe wrong with WinNT temp folder. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Hey, and thanks for replying.

My OS is Windows XP Pro, SP2.

Hello RR,

pcpins2a.exe

Is that the program name for that game or screensaver?

You said you ignore it or do you keep "fixing" it.

:) davey

Hi Davey.

It's only the screensaver that gives me the issue, so the pcpins2a.exe is for the screensaver.

By 'ignore' I meant I kept fixing it.

Fixing the issue just deletes the registry key, but the key recreates itself every time the screensaver comes back on.

Is there a way exclude that particular registry key when doing an issue scan? At the moment I can only exclude the whole MUICache folder.

It's only the screensaver that gives me the issue, so the pcpins2a.exe is for the screensaver.

I know screensavers are exe, executables but they have an scr extension does yours?

I've never heard of pcpins2a.exe and even a web search only bring up this forum. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Hi Davey.

By 'ignore' I meant I kept fixing it.

Fixing the issue just deletes the registry key, but the key recreates itself every time the screensaver comes back on.

Is there a way exclude that particular registry key when doing an issue scan? At the moment I can only exclude the whole MUICache folder.

You might try Options > Advanced and make sure the option for Windows temp files over 48 hours is off.

Or turn it back on if it is already off.

I am just trying to figure a work around.

In the CCleaner "Analyze" listing does this file show up?

That may be the "fix" Use the Options > Exclude feature and drag and drop that file.YOU MUST ALSO have the option checked for Custom files and folders at Cleaner > Advanced list on the Windows tab.(all the way at bottom) See your favorite Guide http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com/ "Options" topic

Good luck,

Edited by davey

• Moderators

On this page

http://insaniquariumguide.com/pages/param.php

it says.......

screensaver

Starts the game in "Screensaver Mode". Note that you can also start the Insaniquarium Deluxe screensaver by either running the "Insaniquarium.scr" or "WinFish_Scr.exe" files (located in your main game directory on your hard drive) with no command line parameters.

Also note that when using this command line parameter (as well as when invoking the screensaver by running the Insaniquarium.scr file), the game simply calls and directly runs the WinFish_Scr.exe file (which is the actual screensaver module of the game) via the following entry in your Windows Registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\PopCap\Insaniquarium\ScreenSaver]

"Directory"="C:\\Program Files\\Popcap Games\\Insaniquarium Deluxe"

"Executable"="C:\\Program Files\\Popcap Games\\Insaniquarium Deluxe\\WinFish_Scr.exe"

Do you have WinFish_Scr.exe?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Problem solved!

I excluded the files C:\WINDOWS\Temp\pcpins2a.exe and C:\Documents and Settings\"My Name"\Local Settings\Temp\pcpins2a.exe

I no longer have any issues when starting the screensaver manually or automatically.

This is to hazelnut. I couldn't find the file WinFish_Scr.exe, even when using the search function, but I suppose it doesn't really matter now.

Thanks for all your help Keithuk, hazelnut & davey.

Problem solved!

I excluded the files C:\WINDOWS\Temp\pcpins2a.exe and C:\Documents and Settings\"My Name"\Local Settings\Temp\pcpins2a.exe

I no longer have any issues when starting the screensaver manually or automatically.

This is to hazelnut. I couldn't find the file WinFish_Scr.exe, even when using the search function, but I suppose it doesn't really matter now.

Thanks for all your help Keithuk, hazelnut & davey.

Hey! Hey! Hey!

We are all glad you got it sorted.

I just want to advise you that if you got your copy from other than the official website that might explain the file name difference.

If this is true that program could be doing things that are malicious.

Just a warning.

Good luck,