Spell check script for IE7 Pro.

Anthony A

I was poking around the IE7 User Java Script site and found a spell check script that works really good. Better IMO than the built in one for IE7 Pro. If you have ever used Gmail you will be familiar with this. It puts the Gmail spell check in text fields. It works just like it does in Gmail. I find it much more accurate than the built in spell check of IE7 Pro.

http://iescripts.org/view-scripts-12p1.htm

Here is a screen shot of the dialog. It's in the top right corner just under the format tools.

i985_20080512160101.jpg

It messes up Hotmail for me.

I had to un-install it.

IEPro's spell check is spell as you type. :)

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Its not spell as you type though right?

No it's not. It is exactly like the Gmail spell check. In fact I think it is the Gmail Spell Checker.

The thing I don't like about IE7 Pro's built in spell check or Firefox's is that first they are not very accurate. Many times I have misspelled a word and none of the suggested replacements are correct and the word is only misspelled by one letter so it should have the right replacement. Google Tool Bar is very accurate. I also don't like how you have to right click and than the list of replacements is all the way at the top of the context menu. Very unnatural for me to navigate up like that. With The Google Tool Bar and this script you just click on the word and a list of words is right there. No other context menu items in the way.

• Moderators

I didn't try this but it looks to me like its pretty much the same as what the google toolbar does(which you seem to have installed...).

I've personally never had a problem with either IE/FF not giving me the words I'm looking for(and I cant spell at all. For those who read my posts before FF2, I'm still sorry. :P) I need spell as you type because I'll forget to do it otherwise. Pretty much that's it. :P

I just learned to spell properly and have no problems. :)

It's not the spelling that I have problems with it's the typing that I mess up.

I really like the spell checker that comes with IE7PRO.

:) davey

I didn't try this but it looks to me like its pretty much the same as what the google toolbar does(which you seem to have installed...).

It's nicer than the Google Tool Bar spell checker. The dialog is right above the text field where as you have to go to the tool bar for the Google Tool Bar spell check. Also when/if I use IE7 I put into full screen and when that happens you lose the Google Tool Bar because it doesn't auto hide with the rest of the tool bars.