Tighten Registry Cleaner?

Vambo

I have to apologise in advance for this topic.

Please do not construe this as a complaint, or otherwise an attempt to decry an excellent product.

This is merely an observation.

I am always evaluating products against my current toolkit and noticed the following when comparing CCleaner's registry tool against 'JV16 Power tools' (agreed, probably valueless, as I include no specific data here)

JV16 returned (a confirmed) 135 missing file/folder registry errors against none for CCleaner after a sweep.

Otherwise, JV16 confirmed (if you will) the quality of CCleaners registry tool. Finding nothing else CCleaner may have missed.

So, to be honest, nothing to write home about....maybe.

I did notice that CCleaner's registry tool appears to perhaps only look for 'Application Path' errors.

Possibly, this is why general path errors were not fully picked up.

Is this something that can be improved upon, or am I just nit picking.....

Can I fault CCleaner otherwise? Hmmm.......Nope.

Hey, you've even included multiple options for security 'swipe' passes !

Excellent product.

I have to apologise in advance for this topic.

Please do not construe this as a complaint, or otherwise an attempt to decry an excellent product.

This is merely an observation.

I am always evaluating products against my current toolkit and noticed the following when comparing CCleaner's registry tool against 'JV16 Power tools' (agreed, probably valueless, as I include no specific data here)

JV16 returned (a confirmed) 135 missing file/folder registry errors against none for CCleaner after a sweep.

Otherwise, JV16 confirmed (if you will) the quality of CCleaners registry tool. Finding nothing else CCleaner may have missed.

So, to be honest, nothing to write home about....maybe.

I did notice that CCleaner's registry tool appears to perhaps only look for 'Application Path' errors.

Possibly, this is why general path errors were not fully picked up.

Is this something that can be improved upon, or am I just nit picking.....

Can I fault CCleaner otherwise? Hmmm.......Nope.

Hey, you've even included multiple options for security 'swipe' passes !

Excellent product.

Hi Vambo,

No,you are not nit picking.

By design The Registry cleaner does a very light cleaning compared to many others on the market.

Heavier Registry cleaners tend to cause more problems for a greater number of users.

CCleaner wants to maintain its reputation for being a safe product to use.

That's it in a nutshell.

:) davey

• 1 month later...

JV16 can get REALLY aggressive but i think that ccleaners registry cleaner is as good as it should be i know that it is mainly a temp cleaning software but if its registry cleaner could be as good as its "cleaner" then none would need the expensive registry cleaners like Registry Mechanic which ant good nor too aggressive but its a standard registy cleaner

"I have to apologise in advance for this topic.

This is merely an observation."the same goes for me CCleaner is in my favourite 3 programs with Revo Uninstaller & Launchy