Man in elevator 41 hours

CeeCee

I feel for him.

I was working one Sunday long weekend and I went to the washroom when installing Engineering Changes on a large mainframe so when I tried to open the exit door the knob came off in my hands. I tried to put it back on but the little square thing that it holds it fell out the other side.

This was an old building and the washroom was in a closet next to the fire escape and sound isolated from the area I was working in by a thick fire door.

About 2 hours later after I had screamed my lungs out and kicked in a small ventilation opening in the bottom of the door the person I was working in came in because he had to go to the washroom but he could not get in as when he inserted the little square thing in the lock it would not turn. He had to get the company's security guard who had to get a large fire extinguisher to break the door in.

So it took about 4 hours to get out but it was OK because I was getting overtime double time pay :lol:

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I feel for him.

So it took about 4 hours to get out but it was OK because I was getting overtime double time pay :lol:

Of course you feel for him.

You had all the necessities for comfort and survival at hand.

Oh, the predicaments we sometimes find ourselves caught in !!!

I'll take the washroom anytime.

Where's a screwdriver or pliers when you need one ?

I think I'll start wearing one of those fold up pocket tools.

Maybe a few folds of toilet paper or napkins in the pocket too.

A small water bottle and some candy bars.

A wind up cell phone.Do they make them?

I've got to get a fanny pack,no question about it.

Now I know why women have those big shoulder bags.

Never know what your going to run into in these glass,steel and concrete jungles !!!

:) davey Now to find some double overtime pay occupation.Child care??? Naaaah!!!