ver. 2.06 clean time

PetrosA

I ran the latest version last night and thought the software had crashed. it took about 5 minutes to disappear from the task manager after killing the process. Finally I let it run it's course and it took 299 seconds (according to the results) to run. I figured that maybe some new locations had been added or something, so out of curiosity I ran it again. Analysis took 300 seconds and .35 MB were found to remove. It took another 300 seconds to remove that .35 MB. Also I noticed that it doesn't ask me to shut Mozilla or Safari for cache cleaning. I uninstalled 2.06 and went back to ver 2.05 and all is well, with no more tha 15 seconds need for analysis or cleaning. Something's not right in the latest version :(

XPSP2

Thanks!

install.txt

install.txt

Did you uninstall the previous version before installing V2.06?

I ran the latest version last night and thought the software had crashed. it took about 5 minutes to disappear from the task manager after killing the process. Finally I let it run it's course and it took 299 seconds (according to the results) to run. I figured that maybe some new locations had been added or something, so out of curiosity I ran it again. Analysis took 300 seconds and .35 MB were found to remove. It took another 300 seconds to remove that .35 MB. Also I noticed that it doesn't ask me to shut Mozilla or Safari for cache cleaning. I uninstalled 2.06 and went back to ver 2.05 and all is well, with no more tha 15 seconds need for analysis or cleaning. Something's not right in the latest version :(

XPSP2

Thanks!

Did you uninstall the previous version before installing V2.06?

That shouldn't matter. http://www.CCleaner.com/help/faq/installin...-when-upgrading

"Do I need to uninstall the old version of CCleaner when upgrading?No, you can install newer versions over the top of older versions, without having to uninstall. If you do uninstall an old version first, you will lose your existing settings."

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

XPSP2

Thanks!

Hi Petrosa,

One of my prior posts may have the answer to your problem.Good thing you mentioned Mozilla.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...ost&p=99853 CCleaner Analysis and Files Deleted Discrepency

Read the whole thread.Then you can give us a report also.

Thanks,

:) davey