Suggestions...

Ex1580

I really like the CCleaner product but i have a few suggestions.

1. More command line parameters available both for installation (an msi would be great) and for running the program.

2. Perhaps a stand alone registry cleaner?

3. No yahoo toolbar! I understand there is a "slim" version but when it is time to update it sends users right back to the full version. The yahoo toolbar seems not in line with the purpose of the tool...to remove the crap.

If these options were met i would have no problem deploying this tool in a corporate environment, even if i had to pay for it.

1. More command line parameters available both for installation (an msi would be great) and for running the program.

3. No yahoo toolbar! I understand there is a "slim" version but when it is time to update it sends users right back to the full version. The yahoo toolbar seems not in line with the purpose of the tool...to remove the crap.

If these options were met i would have no problem deploying this tool in a corporate environment, even if i had to pay for it.

Hi Ex1580,

I am another member just like you.

Thanks for your corporate input.CCleaner is evolving and your input is appreciated.

:) davey

• Moderators

You could always turn off the automatic CCleaner update option, watch in the forums for a new version, wait a few days until the slim build is available (the full one usually gets hosted first) and then download the slim version from here

http://www.CCleaner.com/download/builds

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

You could always turn off the automatic CCleaner update option, watch in the forums for a new version, wait a few days until the slim build is available (the full one usually gets hosted first) and then download the slim version from here

http://www.CCleaner.com/download/builds

Hazlenut, that would only work for me if i could disable that feature using a command line parameter during installation.

• 2 weeks later...

Great program.....

However, the clear IE URL box IS checked in the program. But, the URLs in IE7 do NOT get erased when the program runs. You can still see in the URL box the list of URLs they were typed in the box when the box drops down. Any suggestions?? Please respond to email address below.

Many thanks,

Fred

Email address removed by moderator to avoid spamming.

• 5 months later...

Here is what i did to work around my issues.

I downloaded the portable build of CCleaner on a network share which users only have read access to (cant modify the ini which has updating set as disabled). I have a few other tools which i use to download (httpget) this weekly (windows scheduler) and unzip it (7zip portable) to that folder overwriting files, thus keeping it up to date and free of bundled software.

A link on the IT homepage lets the users run it from their mapped drive without having to hunt it down. Brilliant!