Has anyone tried the Avanti video converter?

BrownSugar

There's a nice little front end GUI program for the ffmpeg video converter called Avanti which seems to be getting some attention at videohelp.com:

http://forum.videohelp.com/topic343287.html#1833980

As far as GUI front ends for ffmpeg go, I'm a fan of Winff, but Avanti looks like it gives the user much more control of the conversion.

From what I can gather, you need to install your own copies of ffmpeg and avisynth (both freeware) and set the menu accordingly in Avanti.

Link to ffmpeg (the link above links to an avisynth download):

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ffmpeg

(I prefer downloading from the actual author's site, and those links are provided by videohelp.com, too.)

Both Super and Mediacoder use the ffmpeg and mencoder conversion tools, but from perusing their forums, I gather that divx and xvid synchronization problems are not uncommon, with various solutions offered. I'm not sure how successful either program is in correcting a/v synch, though. Has anyone tried Avanti?

• Moderators
There's a nice little front end GUI program for the ffmpeg video converter called Avanti which seems to be getting some attention at videohelp.com:

A cracking piece of kit, once you begin to learn how to use the various editing and converting features.

I'm not a command line afictionado at all, as I've never used it, and this frontend puts a lot of powerful editing features into the hands of us lesser mortals.

Just about sorted a DivX frame rate conversion problem I was having with this little combo.

Nice one BrownSugar.

Dennis, somehow I just knew you would say that :lol::lol:

Hazel, you know me too well.

:D